Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Week Of vintage Craft On Flickr.



1. Macrame owl pattern, 2. owl be seeing you, 3. Macrame owl, 4. Snowy owl

Just joined in on this week theme over at Mikes, A Week Of Vintage Craft On Flickr.
I thought nothing is more vintage craft to me than macrame.
It oozes 70's.
Being a child of the 70's I was very familiar with the old macrame knots and the smell of jute.
My mother, being the crafty chic she was and still is was hell bent on making everything in macrame. All our flower pots were tangled in the stuff, she wore belts and necklaces that were intricately woven and even the fruit bowl hung down from the ceiling suspended in macrame.
My favorite was the owl she made for my bedroom, I think it's still hanging in their house!!!
Here are some lovely macrame owls I found on Flickr, groovy baby!

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online